Today in the era of digitalization, smartphone has become the replacement of many important things of your life. Your phone is like your secret keeper and you make sure to keep it safe and secure at any cost. One can’t overlook the security of smartphone especially when one has saved the credit card details on their smartphone.
You may have heard about cases when people lost their phone all of a sudden. It can happen in different situations like while hiking or while shopping you can misplace it. If you have been through the similar situation then you don’t need to worry anymore because the “Lost Mode” of iPhone is still there to help you out.
What is the Lost Mode feature?
You’ll be glad to know that IOS devices 6 or later have the lost mode feature available in Find My iPhone. If your location services are off, you can still find your IOS device by using this feature. The exclusivity of this feature lies in its ability to lock the device.
How it works?
Lost mode displays the custom message and turns the tracking on, even if the location services are not enabled. Here are the important steps to follow in order to find your missing device.
- First off sign in to your iCloud by using your Apple ID, This will connects you to Find My iPhone feature available in Apple’s iCloud.
- One you have logged in, you need to select the devices that you want to track and lock from the top of interface.
- Now click the “Lost Mode” button in the center.
- Follow the instructions to lock the device and enable the tracking.
- You may have certain passcode for your device. In case you don’t have one, you’ll be asked to enter one. Don’t forget that passcode because it will be needed to unlock the device.
- You can also enter the number that will appear on the device lost screen. Then you can enter a message that will appear on the lock screen.
- If your iOS is online, it will lock itself and begin the tracking. However, in case it is not, it will turn on your location services. The passcode and tracking will go in effect when your device is connected to the Internet.
- Once your phone is locked, you’ll get the confirmation email with location of your device to your Apple ID email address. You can also view the location in the map of iCloud
- Now you have recovered your device. You can go to Find my iPhone, click the lost mode button and then tap stop lost mode in order to unlock and stop tracking.
The lost mode feature is one of the best iOS features that can reduce your hassle of finding your phone. Lost mode in iPhone is your ultimate digital guard available for you anytime you need it.